A fresh take on the classic blondie, serve up with Alden’s Vanilla Bean Ice Cream for an extra helping of yum.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl- combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Melt butter on the stovetop or microwave for 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the brown sugar and granulated sugar with the butter. Add eggs and vanilla extract until fully incorporated.
- Using a spatula, Add wet mixture to the dry mixture and gently fold until combined.
- Add white chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 23-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the edges comes out with a few crumbs.
- Allow to cool fully. Serve with Alden’s Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
- To avoid dry brownies- do not overbake. Check brownies for doneness at 22-23 minutes.
- Add as few or as many white chocolate chips to your preference. White chocolate chips will add additional sweetness.
- Do not overmix the batter. Gently fold the dry ingredients with the wet. This will yield a more tender and soft brownie.