Alden’s Organic Old Fashioned Vanilla ice cream and this homemade blackberry chocolate fudge sauce will make a berry milkshake that is perfectly classic and memorable all at the same time.
Berry Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- ½ cup organic frozen blackberries
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter
- 7 scoops of Alden’s Organic Old Fashioned Vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup of organic frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup of organic frozen blackberries
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the frozen blackberries and a pinch of sugar. Microwave for 30 seconds or until warm.
- Using a sifter over a bowl, add blackberries and mash with a fork to extract the juice and sift out the seeds.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cocoa powder, sugar, and heavy cream, then whisk on medium-low for 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture is melted.
- Add the butter to the cocoa mixture and whisk until melted, then add the blackberry juices.
- Allow the fudge sauce to cool slightly. Using a spoon, drip inside and outside of a tall pint glass. For a thicker fudge, refrigerate for 2+ hours.
- While fudge is thickening, blend ice cream, milk, blueberries, and blackberries in a blender until combined.
- Pour the milkshake into the chocolate rimmed glass and add desired toppings such as whipped cream, crushed ice cream cones, and fresh berries.