Say hello to the Alden’s Organic version of the classic Choco Taco! A crunchy waffle taco shell, creamy ice cream, all dipped in chocolate? Yes please.
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp milk or water
- 1 Sqround (48 oz) Alden’s Organic Vanilla and Chocolate Swirl
- Crushed peanuts or sprinkles to garnish
- ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a medium bowl with a handheld mixer, whisk egg, egg white, granulated sugar, and brown sugar for 1 minute on medium speed until light in color.
- Add flour to the wet mixture. Stir to combine.
- Whisk in melted butter, vanilla extract, almond extract and milk or water.
- Preheat the waffle cone maker, then pour 1 tablespoon of batter and cook for 1-1 ½ minutes
- Remove and immediately shape while warm by hanging between 2 bars on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, remove the ice cream from the freezer to soften for 15-20 minutes.
- Using a spoon, carefully fill the waffle taco to the top with the softened ice cream. Place back in the freezer for 1-2 hours to firm up.
- Once the ice cream is firm, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second increments, while stirring in between. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Dip the top of the taco in the chocolate and immediately garnish with toppings.
- Enjoy right away or re-freeze for later!