Meet your new favorite way to eat cake and ice cream: in a cone! Whether you’re on the go and need a sweet treat, or celebrating a birthday, this cupcake in a cone is tasty enough for any occasion.
- 1 ⅓ cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Sqround (48oz) Alden’s Organic Old Fashioned Vanilla
- Ice cream cake cones
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Cover the top of a 9×13 baking pan with foil and cut slits into the foil to insert the ice cream cones.
- Note: The foil will keep the cones from tipping over during baking.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt then whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, combine butter and sugar then cream together for 5-7 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly for each egg, then add the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- On medium-low speed, alternate between adding the dry ingredients and milk, being careful not to overmix the batter. Once all ingredients are incorporated, stop the mixer and fold in rainbow sprinkles.
- Fill the ice cream cones, leaving a 1-inch gap from the top of the cone. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, then allow to cool completely.
- Top each cupcake with a scoop of Alden’s Organic Old Fashioned Vanilla, then add sprinkles and a cherry.