Gingerbread Ice Cream Sandwiches
Curl up with your favorite snack: Alden’s Organic French Vanilla sandwiched between two spiced gingerbread cookies. Yum!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ½ tsp ginger
- 2 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cloves
- 1 Sqround (48oz) Alden’s Organic French Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and salt.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and brown sugar on medium speed for 2-3 minutes, then scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the egg and beat for 1 minute, then add the molasses and beat for 1 more minute.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix on low speed for about 30 seconds, careful to not overmix the batter. The batter will be sticky.
- Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a quarter inch thick disk and use a gingerbread man cookie cutter to cut into shapes.
- Place the gingerbread men on the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Remove cookies from oven, then allow them to cool completely on a cookie rack.
- Place a scoop of Alden’s Organic French Vanilla ice cream between two cookies.