Key Lime Ice Cream Pie
Pucker up for this tart and sweet key lime ice cream pie, made with Alden’s Organic Vanilla Bean.
- 10–12 Graham Crackers, full sheets
- 15 Ritz Crackers
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp lime zest
- 2 Sqrounds (48oz) Alden’s Organic Vanilla Bean
- Using a food processor, blend the graham crackers and ritz crackers, then add sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Melt the butter and pour into the food processor while on low speed until the mixture is coarsely combined.
- Divide and evenly distribute the graham cracker mixture into 2-9 inch springform pans, then press down using the back of a measuring cup to firmly pack.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes or until the crust begins to brown.
- Allow to cool completely for about 20-30 minutes.
- While the crust is cooling, allow ice cream to soften for 20 minutes on the counter.
- Once softened, mix in the lime juice and lime zest into the ice cream.
- Evenly distribute the ice cream into to the two prepared pans and pie crusts.
- Using a spatula, smooth out and make one pie even and flat. Using the the back of a spoon, create swirls and texture on the top of the second pie.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove each pie from their pans and stack the two layers, with the textured pie layer on top.
- Add fresh sliced lime to garnish, cut, and enjoy!