Ever had an ice cream pizza? This crust is more like a sugar cookie with a thick layer of your favorite Alden’s Organic Ice Cream, topped with caramel sauce and scrumptious candies.
For the “Pizza” Cookie Crust
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
For the toppings:
- 1 Sqround (48oz) of Alden’s Organic Cookies & Cream
- About ½ cup caramel sauce
- About ⅓ cup each organic candy of your choice. We used organic chocolate chips, peanuts, licorice pieces, and candy-coated chocolates
“Pizza” Cookie Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl, set aside
- Cream together butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix for one full minute.
- Using your hands, press the dough into a 10-inch deep-dish pizza pan. Build the edges up to at least 1 ½ inches around the outer edge of the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the dough starts to firm up, but do not over brown the crust.
- Note: If the crust puffs up in the oven, gently pat it flat in the center with the back of a spoon
- Allow to fully cool.
- Soften 1 Sqround (48oz) of Alden’s Organic Cookies & Cream to a spreadable consistency.
- Spread the ice cream to fill the crust about 1 ½ inches deep.
- Top the ice cream with organic salted caramel sauce, then sprinkle with a variety of candy toppings of your choice, then place pizza in the freezer to firm up.
- Allow to soften slightly, serve, and enjoy!