Strawberry Easter Egg Bonbons
These bonbons are an egg-cellent choice for any Easter festivity. Rich chocolate, filled with Alden’s Organic Strawberry ice cream, they’re a real showst[hopper]!
- Silicone Easter Egg molds
- 1 package (12oz) white chocolate chips
- 1 package (12oz) dark chocolate chips
- 1 Sqround (48oz) Alden’s Organic Strawberry
- In a double boiler over simmering water, melt 10oz of dark chocolate chips, reserving 2oz for decorating.
- Brush a thick layer of melted chocolate inside the egg molds.
- Cool until firm and refrigerate until ready to fill.
- Soften 1 Sqround of Alden’s Organic Strawberry ice cream on the counter until it is a spreadable consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Fill the egg molds with ice cream, then smooth with a spatula until flat and smooth.
- Freeze for 2 hours or overnight.
- Melt remaining 2oz of chocolate then load into piping bags, or plastic bags being used in lieu of piping bags.
- Remove the frozen eggs from the molds, then place them on a wire rack on top of a sheet of parchment paper.
- Decorate the eggs to your taste with the melted chocolate.
- Return eggs to the freezer until ready to serve.
- Repeat steps 1-10 with white chocolate chips.
- Serve and enjoy!