Made with our strawberry ice cream and fresh strawberries, this easy-to-make ice cream bar is our new favorite way to enjoy shortcake.
- 12–16 shortbread cookies or vanilla creme cookies
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 cups of Alden’s Organic Strawberry ice cream
- 4 oz fresh organic strawberries
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To make the crust, blend the cookies in a food processor until finely crushed.
- Melt the butter and combine with the cookies until coarse (resembles sand).
- Line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper with some overhang to easily release from the pan. Evenly distribute the crust and press firmly into the pan. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is firming, take out the strawberry ice cream and allow it to sit on the counter to soften for 20-30 minutes.
- Pour the ice cream into the crust and freeze for 3-4 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, make the whipped cream in a mixer on medium speed. Whip the sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream for 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Top the ice cream with sliced fresh strawberries and heavy whipping cream, cut into squares and enjoy!