This salted caramel apple crunch ice cream bar is a double decker delight! Sweet and salty, crunchy and creamy, and sure to be a hit.
- 8.8 oz bag of biscoff cookies
- 4 oz melted butter
- 4 cups of Alden’s Organic Old Fashioned Vanilla ice cream
- Box of Alden’s Organic Sea Salt Caramel Mini Squares
- Salted Caramel Sauce
Apple Pie Filling:
- 2 granny smith apples
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- To make the crust, blend the biscoff cookies in a food processor until finely crushed.
- Melt the butter and combine with the biscoff cookies until coarse (resembles sand.)
- Line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper with some overhang to easily release from the pan. Evenly distribute the crust and press firmly into the pan. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is firming, make the apple pie filling. Cut 4 granny smith apples into small pieces. In a medium pan, melt the cinnamon and butter. Add in the water, apples and sugar.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes, until the apples have slightly softened. In a small dish, combine cornstarch and water until combined and add to the apples. Continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes or until the apple mixture thickens.
- Allow the apple pie filling to cool. While it cools, take out the vanilla ice cream and allow it to sit on the counter to soften for 20-30 minutes.
- Combine the apple pie filling and ice cream in a bowl. Pour the ice cream into the crust and freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Remove from freezer and sprinkle with crushed granola. Top with Alden’s Organic Sea Salt Caramel Mini Squares cut in half and drizzle with salted caramel sauce and whip cream.