Layers of Alden’s Old Fashioned Vanilla & Chocolate Chip ice cream, covered in chocolate sauce and topped with bon bons- perfect for any celebration.
- Allow the ice cream to soften by sitting out at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Line a 8” or 9” freezer safe glass bowl with parchment paper.
- Once the ice cream is softened, add 1 flavor at a time. Spread the vanilla in the bowl, followed by adding the chocolate chocolate chip on top of the vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap and refreeze for 8 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, make the chocolate sauce by adding the chocolate, butter, and light corn syrup in a heat proof bowl over a double broiler or on top of a pot on the stove top with boiling water. Make sure the bowl isn’t touching the water. The steam will melt all the ingredients.
- Allow the chocolate to cool for 20 minutes before pouring over the ice cream cake. Take the ice cream cake out of the bowl. It’s easiest to run a warm cloth on the outside of the bowl to loosen the ice cream enough to pull out without tearing the plastic wrap.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the ice cream cake and top with bon bon candy. Place a cutting knife in a cup of warm water and immediately cut the cake and serve.