Savor Fall with our delicious Brown Butter Pumpkin Skillet Cookie—rich brown butter, pumpkin, and chocolate, topped with Alden’s Ice Cream and caramel.
- 1 ¼ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup strained pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ⅓ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Alden’s French Vanilla ice cream
- Organic premade caramel sauce
- Begin by making the brown butter since it will need time to cool.
- Heat a saucepan to medium heat and while it heats up cut butter into cubes.
- Once you add the butter into the pan and it begins to melt, stir constantly until the butter turns into a golden brown color. It will be foamy during the process.
- Sift the dry ingredients while the butter cools.
- After the brown butter has cooled, preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 10” skillet with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine the brown butter, pumpkin puree, eggs, sugars and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Spread the cookie dough evenly on the skillet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- The cookie may still be slightly jiggly in the center. That is okay as it will continue to bake as it cools.
- Allow the cookie to cool completely.
- Once the cookie has cooled, top it with Alden’s French Vanilla ice cream, drizzle with caramel, and enjoy!