Indulge with these Mixed Berry Puff Pastry Tarts! They’re sweet, flaky, and bursting with fruity goodness, a berry good choice.
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 2 cups mixed frozen berries
- 1 ½ tbsp of granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice + zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg
- Pinch of turbinado sugar (optional)
- Alden’s French Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Allow the puff pastry to sit at room temperature for 35-40 minutes to thaw. Do not roll out the puff pastry until fully thawed, otherwise, it will crack.
- Combine frozen berries, lemon juice, zest, sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Once the puff pastry is thawed, roll out and cut 5×5 inch rectangles (each sheet will make 4) and add a scoop of berries in the center. Leave 1 inch of dough on each side and gently fold over the edges to create a border.
- Whisk the egg and brush onto the border and top with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and serve on a plate with a scoop of Alden’s French Vanilla ice cream and enjoy!