‘Tis the season for caramel and apples! This recipe is easy to make and mouth watering good.
- 3 large Granny Smith apples
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp water (room temperature)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp vanilla
- Organic premade caramel sauce
- Alden’s Organic Vanilla Bean ice cream
- Organic waffle cones
- Peel, core, and dice apples into cubes.
- Place apples in a sauce pan and add the ¼ cup water, sugars, orange juice and spices.
- Mix ingredients together until well combined.
- Cook apples over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch to the 2 tbsp of room temp water and mix well until combined.
- Once the apples have been on heat for 10 minutes and the water is boiling add the cornstarch water to the apples.
- Mix the apples and cook for another 3-5 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- Place the caramel apple mixture in a heat safe bowl.
- Allow the apples to cool completely.
- Once the apples have cooled in a glass of your choice crumble some waffle cones.
- Add caramel apples and drizzle some caramel sauce above the apples.
- Add scoops of Alden’s Organic Vanilla Bean ice cream and enjoy!