Indulge in this ultimate dessert where Alden’s Organic Chocolate Chocolate Chip ice cream, gooey caramel, and crunchy pretzels unite in frozen perfection.
For the ganache:
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
For the crust:
- 4 cups mini pretzels
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 jar caramel sauce
- 1 jar fudge sauce
- 1 sqround (48oz) Alden’s Organic Chocolate Chocolate Chip ice cream
- Set aside a ½ cup of mini pretzels to decorate the top of the finished cake.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving enough overhang for two handles on either side.
- Blend 3 ½ cups of pretzels in a food processor until they are fine crumbs, then combine in a bowl with melted butter and sugar, and mix thoroughly.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the loaf pan until it’s about a quarter- to a half-inch thick.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, then cool completely.
Make the ganache:
- Place chopped chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it begins to gently simmer. (Do not let it come to a rapid boil—that’s too hot!)
- Pour over chocolate, then let it sit for 2–3 minutes to gently soften the chocolate.
- With a metal spoon or small rubber spatula, very slowly stir until completely combined and chocolate has melted.
- Stir the ganache a few times while it cools so that it stays smooth and creamy.
- Set aside.
To build the cake:
- Soften Alden’s Organic ice cream on the counter for about 10 minutes.
- Spread the ice cream in the bottom of the pan, then place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and spread a generous layer of the ganache over the ice cream.
- Return to the freezer for another 2 hours.
- Remove the cake from the freezer then lift the cake from the pan. Remove the parchment paper and place the cake on a serving platter.
- Decorate the top of the cake with the reserved pretzels, a generous amount of fudge and caramel sauce.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!