This smoky-sweet parfait is the perfect combo to enjoy with dad on a warm summer evening.
- Peel and halve the peaches, remove the pit, then brush the halves with canola oil.
- On an outdoor grill or grill pan, grill the peaches for about 5-7 minutes, turning halfway, until the edges are lightly charred, but still juicy inside. Set aside to cool.
- Roughly chop the toasted pecans then set aside.
- Slice the grilled peaches, saving 4 or 5 slices for garnishing.
- Chop the remaining grilled peaches into ½ inch chunks. Combine the chunks with ½ a cup of Smoked Peach Jam in a bowl.
- Soften the Old Fashioned Vanilla on the counter for about 10 minutes.
- Place a large scoop of the peach and jam mixture in the bottom of the parfait glasses, top with a 1-inch layer of softened ice cream, then sprinkle a generous amount of the chopped pecans.
- Place the glasses in the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm up.
- Repeat this process three times, ending with a layer of the peach and jam mixture on top.
- Return parfaits to the freezer for two hours or overnight.
- To serve, soften the parfaits on the counter for about 15 minutes. Top with whipped cream, chopped pecans, and the remaining grilled peach slices.