Orange Cranberry Shortbread Sammies
Rich Alden’s Organic Chocolate ice cream sandwiched between zesty orange and tart cranberry shortbread cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 Sqround (48oz) Alden’s Organic Chocolate
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and orange zest for 1-2 minutes. Add flour, salt, and dried cranberries, then mix until combined and dough begins pulling away from the sides of the mixer.
- Place a piece of parchment paper under the dough and another piece on top of it. Roll out the cookie dough until it’s about ¼ inch thick. Place on a baking pan and cover, then chill overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. While the oven is preheating, cut dough into your desired shape using a cookie cutter. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the outer edges are slightly brown, then allow cookies to cool completely.
- Place a scoop of Alden’s Organic Chocolate ice cream between two cookies.