Dive into layers of espresso-soaked ladyfingers, delicious vanilla mascarpone ice cream, and a cocoa dusting that’s pure dessert fun!
- 1 cup espresso, cooled
- ¾ tsp rum extract
- 1 sqround Alden’s Organic Old Fashioned Vanilla ice cream
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 6 oz (2 packages) ladyfingers
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Line an 8- x 4-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over the sides.
- Combine cooled espresso (you can make it by combining 1 cup of warm water with 2-3 teaspoons of instant coffee) and rum extract in a shallow bowl and quickly dip the ladyfingers one by one in the mixture and place in a row at the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Blend the Alden’s Organic Old Fashioned Vanilla ice cream and mascarpone cheese in a blender until combined. Spread ⅓ of the ice cream mixture on top of the lady fingers in the loaf pan and dust with cocoa powder. Repeat the layers 2 more times with the lady fingers dipped in the espresso mixture, topped with ice cream and cocoa powder.
- Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours. When you are ready to serve, garnish with cocoa powder and pull the overhang of the parchment paper to help release the ice cream from the loaf pan. Cut into 2 inch pieces and serve immediately.